What is Doug's WILD Ride?

3/19/10

Thoughts about wild animals

I just got off the phone with a good friend.  He offered to fly up to Alaska, rent a motorhome, and follow me so I wouldn't have to camp out.  That's a true friend!  He's worried a bear will get me.  I admit, I was tempted.  It reminded me of my Boston ride ( http://www.dougslastgreatsoloride.blogspot.com/  See "The Silver Tongue Devil")  Another friend expressed the same concern, practically begging me to bring a gun.  (I refused.)

Yes, the thought of camping by myself and encountering a bear, wolves, or moose scares me.  But I'm doing this by myself.  No motorhomes, no guns.  That's what I said I'd do, and that's what I'm going to do.  The scientest in me says I got nothing to worry about.  And I trust that part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment